South Australian Standardbred Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Owners of Racing and Riding Standardbred Owners

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My ride today
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:17 pm by Falcon_Bella

» Falcon, Bella and possibly a couple of Dieago
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 pm by Falcon_Bella

» Hiya all!!!
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:01 pm by Falcon_Bella

» Hello fellow horse lovers
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm by Lanata96

» Online SASO Standardbred, and Part Standardbred Show
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:52 am by Jaysmama

» Hello im a newbie to this site
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:38 am by lesa

» Angel
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 am by Aus Angel

» im new here
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:51 am by jaqui dowden

» hi looking for info on a abandoned s/b gelding in the riverland
My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 am by cheekyhorse

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

My ride yesterday....... Um?????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
All About the Style

All About the Style

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-12-29

My ride yesterday....... Um????? Empty
PostSubject: My ride yesterday....... Um?????   My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:41 am

My ride yesterday......

To tell the truth, I can't really remember much about it. Kate Rocks, her daughter and a friend came to pick me up and we all headed out. A couple of the horses were playing up a fair bit, which I think probably stirred Style up a bit.

Heading through an old broken fence, Style's hoof clipped a piece of wire laying along the ground. He got scared and jumped forwards. Being a complete beginner when it comes to riding, I got thrown backwards, headbutting his rump. This of course just scared him even more and he started to throw in a few pigroots.

Apparently I stayed on for 3 or 4 seconds (still a long way short of winning any rodeo).

Long story short, I hit the ground flat on my back, closely followed by a fair old smack on the back of my head. A trip to the hospital (and then today a follow at the doctors surgery) and I still can't remember the details and have based this totally on other peoples versions.

Thanks heaps to Kate Rocks for coming and checking on me, looking after me, and taking me up to the hospital after getting the rest of her crew home (and also to Si for cooking tea) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
teela

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: My ride yesterday....... Um?????   My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 8:26 am

Well I'm glad you are ok now. Were you wearing a helmet? Are you game to get back on?
Back to top Go down
Saltbush Lodge
Admin
Saltbush Lodge

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My ride yesterday....... Um?????   My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:15 am

Hes back at work monday - and yes thank god her was wearing a helmet. Bum Rocks was out riding with him at the time and remembers thinking at the time "thank god for crash hats" cheers

Hes not allowed to get back on Style until he gets a new saddle AND a new helmet ( which we threw out because they say if you hit the ground hard with one you should get a new one ) and he gets some riding lessons. Twisted Evil

Hes happy enough to get on, but I want him to get a better seat and some more experience under his belt before he goes riding out on trails again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://saso.forumotion.net
All About the Style

All About the Style

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My ride yesterday....... Um?????   My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 10:53 am

I will be able to get back on. Style didn't do anything wrong, he just freaked out because he was scared. If I had more experience, I wouldn't have fallen off.

As Kath said, I need a new helmet (have a new saddle that I need to try out). All well and good but until I get some lessons and a bit more confidence I will just be kepping my riding to our front paddock. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saltbush Lodge
Admin
Saltbush Lodge

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My ride yesterday....... Um?????   My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 4:02 pm

For all those that have sent e-mails and called etc - thankyou for your concern, craig is now back at work, although the helmet did not survive pale Craig has now been given a clean bill of health and I have found the most EVIL, NASTY, BESTEST MALE INSTRUCTOR FOR CRAIG...................................... " oi idiot dont fall on your head DUH" lol

hes fine - needs a new helmet but will survive.

Special thanks to bum rocks for going into the hospital when I was freaking out and did the big girly bail because if I was there he would freek out, then me, then him ...........then cooking us tea............ you are just too much the NICEST EVER PEOPLE.

XX

SO.................... should we have a poll which part of his body he will break next Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://saso.forumotion.net
kate rocks

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My ride yesterday....... Um?????   My ride yesterday....... Um????? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm

NO WORRIES. wHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR. LOOK FORWARD TO MORE RIDING WITH YOU GUYS Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My ride yesterday....... Um?????   My ride yesterday....... Um????? Empty

Back to top Go down

My ride yesterday....... Um?????
Page 1 of 1