South Australian Standardbred Owners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Owners of Racing and Riding Standardbred Owners

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My ride today
Loz the Superstar EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:17 pm by Falcon_Bella

» Falcon, Bella and possibly a couple of Dieago
Loz the Superstar EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:11 pm by Falcon_Bella

» Hiya all!!!
Loz the Superstar EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:01 pm by Falcon_Bella

» Hello fellow horse lovers
Loz the Superstar EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm by Lanata96

» Online SASO Standardbred, and Part Standardbred Show
Loz the Superstar EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:52 am by Jaysmama

» Hello im a newbie to this site
Loz the Superstar EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:38 am by lesa

» Angel
Loz the Superstar EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:08 am by Aus Angel

» im new here
Loz the Superstar EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:51 am by jaqui dowden

» hi looking for info on a abandoned s/b gelding in the riverland
Loz the Superstar EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 am by cheekyhorse

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Loz the Superstar

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
All About the Style

All About the Style

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Loz the Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Loz the Superstar   Loz the Superstar EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 9:49 am

Allow me to begin this category by adding a tribute to my first horse.

Despite the fact that he was not a Standie (16hh TB off the track), he had the personality that he could have been.

While looking at our property to buy it, Kath came home and asked if she could get a horse and said that she had one in mind. I agreed and we went to look at him.

Never having had much to do with horses (but always having loved them) I fell instantly in love with Loz. It seems that the feeling was mutual as well as he took to me straight away. Later that night after going to the movies, we returned to the stable just to see him again. Kath stood at the fence calling him for a few minutes, only to have him look up then go straight back to eating. I decided to test how much he liked me and went around to the side fence of the yard.

I called out to him once and he immediately looked up, then trotted over to me and started licking my hand!!!! That was me converted to a horse owner.

After a number of rides around the stable yards and starting to learn what I was doing (with him always being very patient and kind to me, obviously sensing that I had no clue about riding), we really bonded. He would follow me around the yard and would only let me put his blankets on (didn't help that he was about 2 feet taller than Kath).

To my absolute horror, I arrived at the stables one day to find Loz lying on his side, dead on the ground. On the day and since then, we could find no explanation as to how he died. We can only assume that it must have been a snake bite Sad

The main reason that we bought the property that we are on is so that we could have horses, unfortunately the first horse I ever owned, never even got to see his new home.

May his spirit forever gallop over the lush green pastures of the afterworld.
Back to top Go down
Saltbush-lodge

Saltbush-lodge

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Loz the Superstar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loz the Superstar   Loz the Superstar EmptyTue Dec 30, 2008 5:19 am

Yes unfortunately Loz decided that he didnt like me and wanted craig to be his owner. So craig ended up getting a horse before I did !!

Loz was a lovely big boy, but definately a daddy's boy. He simply tolerated me and only allowed me to rug him when he decided he was cold enough to rough it with me handling him.

He was quite forward moving when I rode him, but when craig rode him he seemed to know that he had a begginner on him and was a very different boy.

It was a shock to loose him like that and when craig rung me I thought he was joking, then I thought that when I got there he would be overreacting and Loz was simply asleep or injured.

Sadly craig was right and the horse had passed away.

The girl we were trialling him from with the option to buy was fantastic about it. I was a bit worried about ringing her and telling her thinking she might get angry with us, but she was giving craig and I cuddles and asking us if we were alright. Craig left when the coulcil truck came to take him for burial, he was a big horse so I didnt want craig to see that and have that as his last memory of Loz. When craig left the lady finally let herself cry.

It was an awful thing to happen to you when you get your first horse, but on the bright side, if it hadnt happened then craig might not have got style.

Whilst Loz was not my horse and we simply tolerated each other for craigs sake, I can still see that look in his eye thinking "Just because Im letting you rug me does not mean I like you" lol!

Sleep well Loz you cheeky old soul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltbush-lodge.com

Loz the Superstar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Australian Standardbred Owners :: General Horse Discussion :: Health Issues :: Tributes To The Fallen-
Jump to: